Today's the 2nd last day before I head back to Sydney & I'm so glad to have spent it with one of my closest friends ever, Samrita, or Sam for short.
Sam's a friend who's a rare find. She knows me inside out & even though she's halfway across the globe from me in Liverpool, we still manage to keep in touch through the occasional email or postcard. Whenever something major happens in either of our lives, we can just call the other person & know she'll be there. And each time we meet, which is like once or twice a year, it's always as if we never spent any time apart at all.
When we met in Year 12, she used to call me 'Bonito Ajos', which means 'beautiful eyes' in Spanish. Goodness knows why, she's the one with the long lashes typical of an Indian heritage. I started calling her 'Bonito' as well, & I guess the nickname stuck with the both of us since. I've even got her down as 'Bonito' in my phone, email & msn.
We spent the day catching up & doing some shopping, ending up at Max Brenner's. Her dad's a Singapore Airlines pilot, so she gets to fly 1st class for free! She showed me pictures of it & it's like having your own private space on board. They get like a 6 course meal for lunch & dinner or something crazy like that! I've always told her she has to come visit me in Sydney.
Love you, Bonito! Don't know what I'd do without you. :)
Sam's a friend who's a rare find. She knows me inside out & even though she's halfway across the globe from me in Liverpool, we still manage to keep in touch through the occasional email or postcard. Whenever something major happens in either of our lives, we can just call the other person & know she'll be there. And each time we meet, which is like once or twice a year, it's always as if we never spent any time apart at all.
When we met in Year 12, she used to call me 'Bonito Ajos', which means 'beautiful eyes' in Spanish. Goodness knows why, she's the one with the long lashes typical of an Indian heritage. I started calling her 'Bonito' as well, & I guess the nickname stuck with the both of us since. I've even got her down as 'Bonito' in my phone, email & msn.
We spent the day catching up & doing some shopping, ending up at Max Brenner's. Her dad's a Singapore Airlines pilot, so she gets to fly 1st class for free! She showed me pictures of it & it's like having your own private space on board. They get like a 6 course meal for lunch & dinner or something crazy like that! I've always told her she has to come visit me in Sydney.
Love you, Bonito! Don't know what I'd do without you. :)


2 comments:
yay!!
i get a post!!!!!!!!!!! im on the internet!!! hee hee! ima CELEbritieeeeee!
and i happen to be jess's best friend :P beat that sucka!
You crack me up! :)
Post a Comment