Wednesday, 4 October 2006

Eschatological Thinking

Col 3:1-4 If then you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. 2 Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth. 3 For you have died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God. 4 When Christ who is your life appears, then you also will appear with him in glory.

After being away at the Challenge conference for the weekend (which was really great by the way), I came back being encouraged to have an eschatological view on things of this world, especially when the going gets tough. I look forward to the day when we are in heaven with our Father. Praise Him so much for the hope that He gives us.

It was also a reality check that ministry is never easy & that people pour their lives out for the sake of the gospel. I think God uses various situations to build us into godly Christian soldiers, so we can be more like Christ, & so we are able to endure hardships to pour our lives out for the sake of others.

Pleae pray that I'll continue to be trained in godliness & to work out what that means in terms of struggling to talk to my parents about my thoughts for the future. The talks at the conference were really emotional for me (I cried a few times because of that) because it made me think about how afraid I am to do that. But hopefully, God will give me enough courage to be able to do it. Short-term sufferings for eternal glory. I think that it's worth the trade-off. =)

0 comments:

Post a Comment