After about one year of having my new pair of rollerblades collecting dust unopened in its box, I decided it was finally time to take them out for their first round of blading in Centennial Park. They're a really great pair of blades too (K2 Kinetic 10.0), bought them a year ago in Singapore with the intention of starting up the sport again.
Camilla had a pair as well so we decided to meet at 10am at her place last Monday. One minor detail though -- we both had forgotten how to stop! So I was a little nervous as we put them on, stood up & headed out the door onto Anzac Parade. What if I couldn't stop in time at a set of traffic lights or something?
But it was fantastic to feel the wind in my hair, dodging people on the path & just working up a sweat. I struggled a little with stopping, but I managed to cling onto some poles just in time... haha.
We went from her place to Centennial, did a round there & then back again. It took us about 80mins all up. Camilla was great! I must say she did a better job than I did at the whole stopping thing! The park was rather quiet on a Monday morning, which made it really nice to be blading & not having to pay much attention to cars or joggers, etc. I loved working up a sweat & I got home feeling refreshed & energised for the day. Although my muscles the next day weren't that happy. =)
Hopefully I'd be able to keep it up more often. If anyone owns a pair & wants to keep me company, let me know! But be prepared as I might have to hold on to you for support or to make myself stop occasionally. =P
But it was fantastic to feel the wind in my hair, dodging people on the path & just working up a sweat. I struggled a little with stopping, but I managed to cling onto some poles just in time... haha.
We went from her place to Centennial, did a round there & then back again. It took us about 80mins all up. Camilla was great! I must say she did a better job than I did at the whole stopping thing! The park was rather quiet on a Monday morning, which made it really nice to be blading & not having to pay much attention to cars or joggers, etc. I loved working up a sweat & I got home feeling refreshed & energised for the day. Although my muscles the next day weren't that happy. =)
Hopefully I'd be able to keep it up more often. If anyone owns a pair & wants to keep me company, let me know! But be prepared as I might have to hold on to you for support or to make myself stop occasionally. =P
1 comments:
Me! I rollerblade! So does Dan Kong.
Post a Comment