Tuesday, 13 March 2007

Grads Weekend Away

I've always enjoyed taking some time away from Sydney & going away from all the huste & bustle... especially with like-minded Christian brothers & sisters. Grads Weekend Away down at Gerringong recenty was such a great time to do just that.


I was a little worried about being in grads this year, coming from SBF last year. People seemed older & wiser, & half of them were married so I expected the dynamics to be a little different. That turned out to be true, but in a good way. Older Christians who are at a different stage of life than you are (or have been through the stage you're at) offer much wisdom not only to their understanding of the Scriptures, but also in the ways of Christian living. I'm really looking forward to learning more from them over the year.

The best part was getting to know everyone. It's amazing how you can go to the same church every Sunday & yet not have talked to so many people before. Saturday night was full of fun & laughter as we gathered into groups to have a night of games (thanks Yvette & Mary!). The beach was great as well... the waves were too rough for me to go into the water, but I helped a kid build sandcastles... haha. Suse organised & prepared fantastic food for us too... it was entertaining to make our own burritos & rice paper rolls, & to watch them fall apart on the plates of those who weren't so skilled... hehe.

All in all, it was heaps of good fun & learning from God's Word together. Praise God for the blessing of brothers & sisters in Christ! I was struck tonight by the fact that you can travel across the globe & yet find a group of God's people to click instantly with. That's what God's people should be characterised with -- love for each other. =)

0 comments:

Post a Comment