Friday, 1 February 2008

I hate arguments...

They just bring out the ugly side in us all. You're selfish when you fight & you feel like "Why don't you see my point of view? Do you even understand me...".

But I wonder if there are some things worth fighting for. Like your values. Like justice. However, the fact is we as humans have a skewed sense of those 2 things.

At times I'm good at letting things go - just let it go & take the brunt of it. But it wears me out after a while & I feel I can't take up any more than what I'm already bearing. Sometimes you do need to protect yourself & that might mean letting others take some of their responsibility for a change. I'm not sure how Christian this is though. When you think about Paul the apostle or Jesus, they endured so much for others. I wish I could do that more.

My boss once commented that assertiveness comes naturally to me when required. I think that's true. But if you truly knew me... if you understood what lies beneath the seemingly hard exterior, there's more to it than that. Only if you'd bother finding out.

Pearl diving can take a long time & you might not always find a pearl in every oyster. But when you do, it's precious & well worth keeping. Interestingly enough, the formation of a pearl can only be triggered by some sort of impurity, like sand and parasites. Maybe one day someone can find that in me together with all my flaws.

1 comments:

Julienne said...

aww that's a good analogy, i love good analogies...

you're always precious to JC and He knows you inside out, he knows the number of hairs on your head and He thinks you're worth keeping! :)

Post a Comment