Where do I start with this post, except to say that I've been the busiest that I've been all year. Work has been crazy & a little stressful. I've also been involved a lot with church, bible study & RICE.
I helped organise & run a women's evangelistic event at our church as part of the 'Jesus All About Life' campaign. Being involved in this & with RICE Regenerate this year has made me realise that I have the gift of administration/organisation. Perhaps not to the same degree as others, but I'm hoping to improve on it. More than that, I'm realising the truth in what Paul the apostle says in 1 Cor 7:32-35 - being single has allowed me to give a lot of my time & energy to serving God's people.
I helped organise & run a women's evangelistic event at our church as part of the 'Jesus All About Life' campaign. Being involved in this & with RICE Regenerate this year has made me realise that I have the gift of administration/organisation. Perhaps not to the same degree as others, but I'm hoping to improve on it. More than that, I'm realising the truth in what Paul the apostle says in 1 Cor 7:32-35 - being single has allowed me to give a lot of my time & energy to serving God's people.
It has also unlocked a few new questions for me...
There was a lot of cleaning up to do after the women's event. Though a few people stayed around to help out, I found myself being the last one to leave, just because the other women had either a husband or a family to go home to. The same thing happened after our church's Mid-Autumn Festival dinner - I was one of the few women around afterwards even though I probably lived the farthest away.
Don't get me wrong - I do all of it willingly & joyfully knowing that I can. However, I was so exhausted after the 2 events that it took me a while to recover (hence the previous post). The thing I miss about being with someone is that when you've had a long day or when you've accomplished something you're proud of, you have someone waiting for you to share the burden or the joy & just to give you a little bit of encouragement. I need to keep reminding myself that my reward is in heaven & that the praises of men are not important.
I've also been wondering: do men get turned off by women who are more independent or more active than they are? I personally don't think I could date someone who is more passive or less passionate than I am about ministry & life.
Overall, I'm very happy & content with life at the moment, particularly because I've been able to focus a lot on my Christian walk. This state is usually hard to to keep up for too long, either because I burn out or it's just the natural highs & lows that come with singleness. But there's certainly a lot I can be giving thanks for.
There was a lot of cleaning up to do after the women's event. Though a few people stayed around to help out, I found myself being the last one to leave, just because the other women had either a husband or a family to go home to. The same thing happened after our church's Mid-Autumn Festival dinner - I was one of the few women around afterwards even though I probably lived the farthest away.
Don't get me wrong - I do all of it willingly & joyfully knowing that I can. However, I was so exhausted after the 2 events that it took me a while to recover (hence the previous post). The thing I miss about being with someone is that when you've had a long day or when you've accomplished something you're proud of, you have someone waiting for you to share the burden or the joy & just to give you a little bit of encouragement. I need to keep reminding myself that my reward is in heaven & that the praises of men are not important.
I've also been wondering: do men get turned off by women who are more independent or more active than they are? I personally don't think I could date someone who is more passive or less passionate than I am about ministry & life.
Overall, I'm very happy & content with life at the moment, particularly because I've been able to focus a lot on my Christian walk. This state is usually hard to to keep up for too long, either because I burn out or it's just the natural highs & lows that come with singleness. But there's certainly a lot I can be giving thanks for.
2 comments:
I don't know about men being turned off by more proactive godly women. It can be (and naturally is) a very attractive quality. But they can definitely be intimidated, even if they themselves are very proactive, godly guys. We shouldn't be too hard on them.
However, there are 2 other types of guys:
1. those who resent strong women, they usually have a misunderstanding of leadership and submission.
2. those who are just more passive in their faith.
oh, by "strong" I am not referring to feminist strong, but strong in faith.
Post a Comment