Sunday, 6 December 2009

Treasuring Jesus

God did so much more at RICE Regenerate Rally than what I was expecting. And that's saying a lot because I was expecting great things. From Malcolm's personal testimony & Al Stewart's talk, to the response rooms, the Holy Spirit certainly worked mightily that night.

My mind is still reeling & God is still tugging at my heartstrings the day after. I woke up today still overwhelmed & craving some quality time with God. Though I had a fun but late night (got home at 2.30am), I still managed to get to church & had lunch with my church family.

Driving home, I had a sudden urge to take a detour into Bicentennial Park & found a perfect spot where I could lay my rug under a tree.

And all I wanted to do was to lie in silence & solitude, listening & being sensitive to what God was saying to me. I listened to music which touched my soul & read Romans 8, which reminded me about the life I have in Jesus.

Commitment, not just invoIvement - I love eggs for breakfast & don't really enjoy bacon. But when it comes to the Christian walk, give me bacon any day. I'd rather be a pig than a chicken.

0 comments:

Post a Comment