"If then you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth. For you have died, & your life is hidden with Christ in God. When Christ who is your life appears, then you also will appear with Him in glory." -- Colossians 3:1-4
This is my memory verse for the week & it's so appropriate just with everything that's been going on the past month or so. As I've been struggling to find a job over the summer, it's so easy to get worried about it. What if I don't get anything? What am I going to do over summer & how am I to start saving for MTS? What's going to happen when Hayley moves out with her brother at the end of the year? Do I have to go through the task of finding another housemate again? And how am I going to handle having some of my friends leave church at the end of the year? Why do I feel so alone sometimes?
Amidst all my exams & interviews lately, I must be getting more stressed out than I think. I've been getting the most frustrating dreams lately, where I wake up & it takes me a moment before I can distinguish between my dream & reality. Sometimes they're really nice dreams, but I wake only to find out that it was just that -- a dream. Sometimes it's horrible, & I wake up scared but then relieved. It seems like my thoughts have been slightly disjointed lately.
But God has been teaching me more about Himself each day as a learn to rely on Him more. As I finish up my (almost) last session of uni, I was thinking just last night about how much God has changed me. There was no way I would have been this calm before a midsession than I am now. I don't get as stressed anymore & I value other things as more important. I have grown to love God more & to understand Him more. And I really enjoy being around God's people. Obviously, there are many weeds which still need pulling out, but I really wouldn't have a clue where I'd be now if not for God's kindness. He has brought me through some heart-wrenching & seemingly-endless rollercoaster rides, but like the poem "Footprints", I know whose set of footprints they were each time.
Amidst all my exams & interviews lately, I must be getting more stressed out than I think. I've been getting the most frustrating dreams lately, where I wake up & it takes me a moment before I can distinguish between my dream & reality. Sometimes they're really nice dreams, but I wake only to find out that it was just that -- a dream. Sometimes it's horrible, & I wake up scared but then relieved. It seems like my thoughts have been slightly disjointed lately.
But God has been teaching me more about Himself each day as a learn to rely on Him more. As I finish up my (almost) last session of uni, I was thinking just last night about how much God has changed me. There was no way I would have been this calm before a midsession than I am now. I don't get as stressed anymore & I value other things as more important. I have grown to love God more & to understand Him more. And I really enjoy being around God's people. Obviously, there are many weeds which still need pulling out, but I really wouldn't have a clue where I'd be now if not for God's kindness. He has brought me through some heart-wrenching & seemingly-endless rollercoaster rides, but like the poem "Footprints", I know whose set of footprints they were each time.
0 comments:
Post a Comment