Sunday, 29 June 2008

iStalk

As much as I like technology (most of the time), it opens many doors for you to get a peek into the lives of others, even those you don't know.

Don't you find it strange to be looking at pictures, reading blogs or Facebook updates of people you hardly know or have never met in your life? Yet, I'm sure a lot of us are guilty of that. We comment on the dresses girls wear, the way someone smiles or what a flirt he is. It brings stalking to a new dimension. Of course, some people feel more of a need to inform the entire Facebook community what they're doing 5 times a day. The updates just pop up even when you don't mean to be stalking them.

Personally, I read only blogs of people close to me. I might even check them more than once a day out of habit or when my fingers itch to click to just any site when I'm bored online. I don't care about the lives of people I don't know. It's hard enough trying to keep up with those I actually have a non-virtual relationship with.

So if you're reading this & have no idea who I am, thanks for taking such a keen interest in my life. But for all you know, you might just be istalked too & your identity might not be so secret after all. I'm more technology savvy than you give me credit for.

2 comments:

Julienne said...

DN DN DN....

iStalk... coming to a theater near you.

Julienne said...

It's silly when people freak out about being 'istalked' and claim that their blog site is "private" and don't allow other people to link them.

If they're going to have a blog site on the wide world web then they should expect traffic. If they're THAT private, they should have a 'friends only' lock (I know that blogspot has that option).

silly people and their privacy, if you want privacy - don't publish anything online.

Post a Comment