A gorgeous, sunny winter's day. Some friends & I went to The Aroma Festival at The Rocks. There were stalls selling some of the finest coffees & teas, mouth-watering chocolates, fudge, rocky road, etc. in the Chocolate Boulevard, pavlovas, cupcakes & food from different countries.. samples for free or about $1 each! There were live bands playing chilled out music & people doing dance performances... I loved the atmosphere!
I started off having an Affogato which tasted amazingly smooth & totally yum! We tasted samples of chocolate & Chai latte, many of which had creative & unique flavours. I walked past this stall which had the most gorgeous & pretty cupcakes I had ever seen. They looked too good to be eaten!
Next to a stall selling Turkish food there was a stage set up where a Turkish woman was performing a bellydance. It was just amazing the way she moved... her stomach! I didn't know you could use do that with your muscles! She pulled some men & women individually on the stage to dance with her. The look on some of the guys' faces were priceless as they just had no idea what to do since she was dancing rings around them (literally!). And the cute little girl who just tried to imitate her... haha.
We left the huge crowds of people to head towards the city in search of sushi (some of my friends had huge cravings for it). It was a perfect Sunday afternoon for me - I love getting out & about & exploring... soaking up the sun, enjoying good food & good company & having a buzz of excitement around me. I enjoy going to markets because of the unique things they sell, especially the art & craftwork. I went to the Paddington market on my own on Saturday as well.
I might head back to The Rocks market next weekend. You can join me if you want. ;)
1 comments:
ooh markets can be fun, but tiring if you can't find anything good to buy.
Post a Comment