Monday, 18 May 2009

Sitting in Silence

After taking my mum to the airport today, I decided to make the most of the half day I had off. After catching up with an old friend & the pastor from my old church, I had a sudden urge to take a detour off the M5.

I tried to recall the place where I used to watch the sunset from a small hill near a golf course in La Perouse. I caught the last half an hour of the golden streams of sunlight. They caught the wings of the planes as I watched them land & take off from the runway. People below were cruising casually on their boats. I loved how the sunlight warmed my cheeks from the slight chill of the air. After all the busyness of the last couple of months, the place was a tranquil refuge.

You love me
Through Your Son I am forgiven
And You love me
By His death You purchased me

These words popped into my head as I sat in silence on the grass. There was no more appropriate a response than to pray. I was reminded of just how much I love God & wouldn't trade my faith for anything in the world.

Christ of my own heart, whatever befall
Still be my vision, O ruler of all.


0 comments:

Post a Comment