Tuesday, 18 March 2008

Down with the Bug

Argh... mby ndose id dribing mbe crazy.

Been sniffling & blowing my nose so often that my nose is starting to feel sore & my head hurts from all the coughing. All I feel like doing is lying in bed with a cup of hot chocolate (or chai latte), curl up & go to sleep. I was at a church meeting earlier & I had to rummage through my bag for a tissue 'cos I felt a drip coming along. I know, not the most endearing sight of me.

Doesn't it annoy you when you've got a runny nose when you go to bed? No position seems to feel comfortable & your nose gets all weird no matter how you sleep. I lost my voice slightly over the weekend - I thought I sounded sexy (haha) though my colleague thought otherwise.

I get lonely when I'm sick. I want to be pampered & taken care of. As a child, it never seemed to matter to my mum that it might be contagious - she would just look after me anyways, bringing me a hot water bottle if I had the chills or a cool towel for my forehead if I had a fever. I know I sound like a brat, but having someone give you a hug & rest your head on their lap is one of the best feelings in the world.

I might just have to be content with my cushions & pillows for now.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Hey Hope u get better! :)

Julienne said...

I posted a message last night but it didn't register...

anyway, from memory:

aww, yeah, having someone by your side when you're sick helps the healing process.

I also like it when they let you blow your nose on their shirt when you're crying and there isn't a tissue around. I know, I'm disgusting like that.

Post a Comment