Towards the beginning of this month, my family started thinking seriously about moving to Melbourne. Ever since we moved from Sydney to Singapore when I was 7 years old, it's always been on the agenda that we eventually settle back down in Australia.
Dad has been offered a job in Melbourne & we've been talking about it since. My sister would definitely move there with them, but I'm still trying to work out if I'd like the change.
There are so many things I'd miss about Sydney. Church, friends, my job... just the familiarity. At the same time, I also feel like I need to move into new & different territories - try new things, allow myself to start afresh & escape the things which I find hard to deal with. It seems like it's a good time to do that, with all the recent changes that have been taking place. Nothing's really holding me back except for my own feelings. I want to break free & reestablish/rediscover myself, meet new people, fall in love again.. I helped friends regain their footing when they've had doubts about themselves, but it's hard to that for yourself sometimes.
It's sad when I've come to the point where I feel like I've got nothing to lose. I don't even think I'm going to be missed all that much. I've never been one who likes change, but this time I feel like I could do with a bit of it. I've been in the same place for way too long & I'd eventually need to move on. Now just seems like perfect timing. I'm tired of feeling like I'm stagnant while everyone else is making progress & I don't want it to stay the same in 5 years time.
I still need to think about it a bit more though. While I'm praying about it, I could also do with some guidance from people I know. So if anyone's got any input, I'm all ears.
Dad has been offered a job in Melbourne & we've been talking about it since. My sister would definitely move there with them, but I'm still trying to work out if I'd like the change.
There are so many things I'd miss about Sydney. Church, friends, my job... just the familiarity. At the same time, I also feel like I need to move into new & different territories - try new things, allow myself to start afresh & escape the things which I find hard to deal with. It seems like it's a good time to do that, with all the recent changes that have been taking place. Nothing's really holding me back except for my own feelings. I want to break free & reestablish/rediscover myself, meet new people, fall in love again.. I helped friends regain their footing when they've had doubts about themselves, but it's hard to that for yourself sometimes.
It's sad when I've come to the point where I feel like I've got nothing to lose. I don't even think I'm going to be missed all that much. I've never been one who likes change, but this time I feel like I could do with a bit of it. I've been in the same place for way too long & I'd eventually need to move on. Now just seems like perfect timing. I'm tired of feeling like I'm stagnant while everyone else is making progress & I don't want it to stay the same in 5 years time.
I still need to think about it a bit more though. While I'm praying about it, I could also do with some guidance from people I know. So if anyone's got any input, I'm all ears.
2 comments:
I'll definitely miss you. But if you think it's in your best interest to move then I support your decision. You can always come back to visit, Melb is not that far away :)
Hey Jess
It seems so long since I've seen you, yet I assume that I couldn't possibly be that long :P
Melb is nice, def keep praying about it, and God will lead you where he plans for you to do His work.
I may be moving too, but it is all too soon to be certain. Trust God, at least he knows what is in store :) at the end of the day, we are but merely sojourners in this world, awaiting our Lords Kingdom.
Love Jess
Post a Comment